What are a mother's risk factors for developing GBS disease?
- Positive culture for GBS colonization at 35-37 weeks
- Having already had a baby who had a GBS infection
- Having a positive GBS culture prior to or during another pregnancy
- GBS bacteria in urine (bacteriuria, either with or without symptoms)
- Membrane rupture (having your "water break") more than 18 hours before delivery
- Labor or membrane rupture before 37 weeks
- Developing a fever in labor (higher than 100.4 F)
- Black race
- PAge less than 20 years
The baby's doctor and nurse should be told if the mother has
any of the above risk factors.
<< Page 8 ::
Table of Contents ::
Page 10 >>